The Programme provides a low cost, low-risk AM solution for small to medium size Water Utilities; achieved through technical assistance and the use of EDAMS AM Software through the Cloud to carry out effective AM for monitoring, operating, maintaining, upgrading and disposing of assets cost-effectively, while maintaining a desired level of service, improving overall Utility performance.
The Programme is offered in different packages on a yearly subscription basis, depending on the Utility’s level.
GOLD: SILVER + Maintenance Management
SILVER: Technical Asset Register and GIS/ Network Data Management
PLATINUM: GOLD + Operations/ Distribution/ NRW (Non-Revenue-Water Management)
SILVER PLUS: SILVER+ PLATINUM
Services are provided both on an initial basis (when entering or upgrading to a different Package) and on an annual basis, that will enable the Utilities become fully functional in Managing their Assets.
Initial Services include: Data conversion, system setup and configuration, data evaluation, documentation on best practices – standards, procedures & Workflows and training.
Annual Services include: Unlimited Remote Support, Weekly back-ups on the hosting server, 30 Gb of additional free storage on the cloud (for photos, contracts, assessments, etc.), Product Upgrades and Documentation Updates, Access to EDAM Forum with a wealth of user information as well as Questions & Answers. providing immediate answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Site-visits can also be arranged on request at an additional cost.
Packages, AM Activities & Benefits
Participation in the Hydro-Comp AM management programme under the different packages enables the Utility to perform various Activities and reap the resulting benefits
(EDAMS-GIS/Network Data Management System)
- Technical Asset Register for the Utility
- Data Maintenance Management
- Network Data Evaluation
- Network Data Validation (field surveys)
- Consistent, consolidated and validated Asset Register, providing a platform for network assessment and applicability of all functions to business processes
(Silver + EDAMS-MMS Maintenance Management System)
In addition to SILVER
- Effective Maintenance Management
- Best practices Maintenance Procedures and Workflows
- Job Costing, Reporting, Key Performance Indicators
- Field Maintenance through mini-tablets
- Improvement of productivity and efficiency.
- Reduction of Maintenance operating costs
- Improvement of service delivery (less breakdown time)
(Gold + EDAMS-Operations & Distribution/ NRW systems)
In addition to GOLD
- Bulk Meter Analysis/ Production Analysis/ Pump and Motor efficiency analysis
- Water Balancing/ Water Audit Analysis
- Leakage detection Programme
- Reduction in electricity costs through identifying problematic pumps & motors and better production practices
- Reduction in NRW (Non-revenue water) and subsequent production costs
- Leakage detection in an organised and cost-effective manner
Additional Services in terms of studies, together with the relevant EDAMS Products include: (a) AM/ Rehabilitation Planning, (b) Commercial Rehabilitation Planning, (c) Network Optimization Plan and (d) Business Planning.
How to Participate
Eligible Members are Utilities serving a population of up to 200,000 people. Programme Membership is provided at an annual subscription fee, depending on the size of the Utility, the package and options chosen. An Initial fee also applies to new Members or Members upgrading from one Package to another.