Geolux’s innovative SmartObserver datalogger solutions have been specially developed to deliver robust and dependable operation in a wide variety of deployment environments.
Specifically designed for operation in areas with limited power supply, SmartObserver datalogger contains an integrated digitally controlled battery charger that can work with all standard rechargeable battery types.
The power for battery charging can be provided from solar panels, small wind turbines or DC mains.
The datalogger has two controlled power banks for supplying the power to sensors.
If the datalogger operates in periodic scanning mode, all sensors are powered-off between the periodic scans, and the datalogger remains in standby mode where the power drain is minimal.
In periodic scanning mode, the whole monitoring station can operate for months from a single battery even without solar panel or wind turbine attached.
SmartObserver datalogger contains many different interfaces for communication with sensors: Modbus, serial interfaces, CAN2.0 or SDI-12, as well as analogue inputs are supported.
The datalogger also monitors battery and power supply status, internal temperature and relative humidity.
All data received from the attached sensors is stored in the local memory, and can be downloaded to the computer over serial interface in standard CSV format.
Optional communication modules are available, which provide wireless or wired connection to deliver real-time data to the central server.
Modules for GPRS, LoRaWAN, Wi-Fi RF modem, Ethernet and Optical interfaces are available and support for additional interfaces is available on request.
A version with OLED display is also available, which allows users to perform ad-hoc setup and data monitoring.
- Versatile communication interfaces support various sensors
- Multiple communication protocol supported: Modbus, CAN, ASCII, and more available on request
- Digital inputs and outputs for tamper detection, customised alarms or auxiliary digital input support
- Analogue inputs and outputs support older-generation sensors
- Optional OLED display with user interface
- Multiple optional communication modules: GPRS, LoRaWAN, Wi-Fi, RF modem, Ethernet, optical…
- Compact, robust, low-power design for field operation
- Pluggable terminal block connectors for easy installation
- Integrated battery charger supports different battery types: Lead acid, NiMH, NiCd, LiFePO4 and Li+
- Digitally controlled power management system
- Buck & boost system power operation and battery charging mode
- MPPT integrated control for plug-and-play solar and wind generator integration
- Configurable direction of the flow measurement
- Two SSR switches for two separate sensor power banks
- Remote system power monitoring and configuration
- Remote sensor configuration
- Wide operational temperature range (-40°C to 85°C)