Geolux’s innovative RSS-2-300 WV is a highly accurate, non-contacting vector surface velocity sensor system designed for a variety of water monitoring applications.
Our RSS-2-300 WV vector surface velocity meter uses globally proven Geolux radar technology to provide precise contactless measurement of surface velocity.
Contactless radar technology enables quick and simple sensor installation above the surface, requires minimum or none maintenance and enables sensor to work properly on almost all surfaces and materials.
The RSS-2-300 WV vector surface velocity meter is used to monitor surface velocity in variety of applications.
When installed over water body, RSS-2-300 WV monitors water flow in open channels such as rivers, irrigation channels or sewer systems, and can be used for control of hydropower plants and wastewater treatment plants.
RSS-2-300 WV can also be installed on various types of vehicles to precisely measure the vector velocity of cars, boats, aircrafts and special vehicles as an aid to navigation and vehicle positioning.
By using two or three radars pointed to different directions, RSS-2-300 WV sensor can measure precise movement of the surface with great resolution independent of the surface type and with up to 10Hz update rate.
Two-sensor version of the device is suitable for all applications where no strong vibrations and fast sensor tilt angle changes are expected.
For mobile applications or other applications with expected strong vibrations and faster tilt angle changes, a version with three radar sensors is recommended.
The radar operates in K-band and provides surface velocity readings ten times per second over serial (RS-232, RS-485) and CAN interfaces.
Variety of supported communication interfaces and protocols enable easy integration with existing control, navigation or telemetry equipment.
Integrated tilt sensor measures inclination angle of the sensor and the surface velocity measurement is automatically cosine-corrected accordingly.
Geolux RSS-2-300 WV radar sensor is certified according to both European and American standards, and is being used worldwide.
- Contactless, above the surface velocity measurement
- Operates both on water and over various ground surfaces such as soil, rocks, sand and mud
- Geolux offers versions with two radars for 2D velocity vectoring and two radars for full 3D velocity vector calculation
- Wide velocity measurement range from 0.02m/s to 15m/s
- 10Hz measurement update rate
- Long-range operation up to 5m above the ground
- Compact, low-power design
- Wide input voltage range, suitable for solar applications
- Supports a variety of communication interfaces (RS-232, CAN, Modbus, analogue, digital alarm outputs)
- IP68-rated enclosure (for outdoor applications and harsh environments)
- K-band 24.125GHz or 24.200GHz radar option
- Automatic mounting angle compensation (cosine correction)
- PC application for radar setup and live data monitoring