At a wastewater treatment plant in Dekalb County, Georgia, progressing cavity pumps gave dry running problems and consequential high maintenance costs when dosing flocculent.
The Polymer medium was described as a ‘High Charge Cationic Emulsion (trade name of Clarifloc SE1080)’. Verder Inc advised Verderflex Dura Peristaltic hose pumps.
The Verderflex Dura pumps run effectively with NBR hose, which currently has a hose life of approximately 6 months.
The pumps have pp flanges, are running intermittently at 20rpm indoors, using 1/2 Hp 90V dc motors to allow extended frequency turndown.
Verderflex Dura pumps gave the customer the following benefits:
- Run-Dry conditions are inherent at times in this polymer feed system; the progressing cavity pumps were not reliable
- Other brands rollers would not maintain consistent lubricity and kept tearing up the hose: even after the rep upgraded hose material
- The simplicity of Verder’s hose replacement where the previously installed progressing cavity pumps required 2 days for removal, repair, and installation
- Replacement parts cost a small fraction of what the progressing cavity pump took; also the parts are much lower
- Verderflex pumps are engineered to solve your difficult pumping problems including ease of maintenance, dry running, or accurate dosing
- Ease of mounting the Dura pump footprint onto the existing pump skid and also the flanged connections