Oxyzone Chemical-Free Sanitation Solutions for Water and Wastewater Processing
Australia-based oxygen and ozone generators supplier Oxyzone provides chemical-free alternatives to chemical treatment and sanitation systems.
The company’s oxygen and ozone generators are used in a wide range of industries, including water and wastewater processing.
Products, designed and created in Australia, are compliant with all electrical and safety standards.
Ozone sanitation solutions for water and wastewater processing
Normally, produce will be rinsed in a solution before being put into storage. Rinsing removes trapped soil particles, and lowers bacterial loading to an acceptable level.
A solution comprising an amount of dissolved sanitiser, generally a chlorine derivative, and water is used to rinse produce. Dissolved ozone is used as an alternative sanitiser in the rinse water.
Chemical-free water sanitising treatments
Chemical treatment can be a lengthy process and degrade the sanitiser chemicals in the water to an unacceptable level, due to the use of small volume tanks and the risk of adding more or less than the required parts per million (ppm) dosage to the tank.
Chemical sanitisers also leave a residue on produce after rinsing, which can be consumed by end-users.
However, the decay process in ozone treatments, and the ozone generator response, is very fast, allowing for a more accurate dissolved sanitiser level control. Ozone’s quicker decay rate also ensures there is no excess residue left on the product.
Safe processes of water sanitation
By their nature, chemical sanitisers are dangerous in concentrated forms, from shipping, storage and transit stages, to processing. Concentrated chemical vapour is particularly hazardous and because of the high-levels required during the rinsing phase of water sanitisation, the hazard is extended to personnel working in close proximity of the tank.
Oxyzone’s ozone is generated at the workplace, removing storage and transit hazards. If inhaled, ozone in high-concentration directly from an ozone generator can be hazardous. Because of this, the ozone gas is kept tightly stored in stainless-steel and encased by Teflon tubing, right through to the point that it is dissolved into the water stream.
Approximately 90% of the generated gas is fully dissolved in the process of dissolving ozone into water achieves. The remaining 10% of the hazardous ozone gas is separated from the water stream and fed to an ozone destruct unit, which converts the gas back into safe oxygen.
Clean, safe and cost-effective water sanitation
Ozone is a widespread alternative to chemical sanitisers in many industries as it offers significant environmental advantages. It does not cause adverse pollutant and carcinogenic substance effects.
Ozone is the safer and more cost-effective alternative.
Oxyzone introduced ozone generators into the Australian market more than ten years ago. Our products are also supported by 25 years of experience in electronic manufacturing.
Oxyzone also stock a full range of spare parts, and a range of oxygen generators manufactured by AirSep Corporation, based in New York, US. We also provide complete factory servicing.
Products and Services
Harry Tracy Water Treatment Plant Long-term Improvements Project, San Bruno, California
Kafr El Sheikh Wastewater Expansion Programme (KESWE)
Seymour-Capilano Water Filtration Plant
Exhibitors Oxyzone will be back for a second year in a row, at the Water Innovation Forum and Expo to present their Ozone Pipeline Disinfection system, an innovative method of cheaply, quickly and efficiently cleaning water pipelines.Read more
218 Wisemans Ferry Road
New South Wales